10 Major Mistakes to Avoid in CV and LinkedIn
In today’s very competitive job market not having an exceptional CV and LinkedIn profile are the biggest job seekers mistakes. Therefore, candidates definitely have to stand out from a crowd and hundreds of other applicants to land the desired job.
Here are the 10 most common mistakes to avoid in a CV and LinkedIn:
1. Not adding professional titles and headlines.
2. No well-written, effective, and sellable Summary and About section that will let us know in a few seconds your profile, unique selling points, and professional career strengths.
3. No clearly presented your expertise and core competencies.
4. Missing to underline and show your key career achievements.
5. Having different information in your CV and LinkedIn will make you suspicious.
6. Poorly written job duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments for specific job roles.
7. Mixing official education and additional certificates and training.
8. Having a non-professional and low-quality photo on LinkedIn (note: in an applicant tracking system (ATS) CV format no photo).
9. Missing or poorly written technical, soft, language, and other related skills.
10. Having written, spelling, and grammar mistakes.
Now, go one more time through your CV and LinkedIn profile and see if you have any parts to change and improve. If you need any professional help, send me a message, and let's land that job.